Happy Christmas Eve!
For this post, I had originally planned to do a cinnamon roll recipe to recreate all of my warm and cozy Christmas morning memories. Obviously – I didn’t get to it. Plan B was to make a cinnamon roll smoothie – all of the goodness of cinnamon rolls but in a healthier format. But then I realized, who am I kidding? A smoothie will never be a cinnamon roll, so instead, I’m sharing the yummy coffee-spiked smoothie that we’ve been making all week and really enjoying. It’s creamy and filling and it won’t leave you with that carb/sugar overload feeling. What it will leave you with is more energy for opening presents and it’ll make you feel better about having a cocktail and a few cookies later in the day!
Happy Holidays, friends & Smoothie Cheers!
Cinnamon Coffee Smoothies
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoons espresso or strong coffee
- 4 ice cubes
- ¾ cup almond milk, more as needed to blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaping tablespoon maca powder, optional*
- 1 heaping tablespoon vanilla protein powder, optional*
- 1 medjool date or sweetener of your choice, optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk, as needed.
This recipe was inspired by the Winter Smoothie on The Fresh Exchange.
Milk Glasses from Anthropologie.
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #loveandlemons on Instagram.