Are you living a life that is authentic? Are you doing what you love for work? Are you telling the people that matter how much you love and appreciate them on a regular basis? Are you being true to yourself in your thoughts and actions? The fact is that most people cannot truly say yes to this whole list, and need to learn what needs to change to be their authentic selves. Once we learn this, we have an ease and peace we only imagined before. Here are some inspiring words from those who have mastered authenticity.
1. Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity. – Coco Chanel
2. That inner voice has both gentleness and clarity. So to get to authenticity, you really keep going down to the bone, to the honesty, and the inevitability of something. – Meredith Monk
3. The closer you stay to emotional authenticity and people, character authenticity, the less you can go wrong. That’s how I feel now, no matter what you’re doing. – David O. Russell
4. There is a certain kind of respect for authenticity today that there wasn’t back in the days when they did ‘Cleopatra,’ where everything looked like a giant motel. People want to have it be authentic in the look, and authentic in the way people behave. – John Milius
5. Just be what you are and speak from your guts and heart – it’s all a man has. – Hubert Humphrey
6. keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you see the world.
– George Bernard Shaw
7. The authentic self is soul made visible. – Sarah Ban Breathnach
8. Everything will line up perfectly when knowing and living the truth becomes more important than looking good. – Alan Cohen
9. To be nobody but myself-in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make me somebody else-means to fight the hardest battle any human can fight, and never stop fighting. – e.e. cummings
10. We need to find the courage to say NO to the things and people that are not serving us if we want to rediscover ourselves and live our lives with authenticity. – Barbara de Angelis
11. privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. – C.G. Jung
12. Only the truth of who you are, if realized, will set you free. – Eckhart Tolle
13. No one man can, for any considerable time, wear one face to himself, and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which is the true one. – Nathaniel Hawthorne
14. If any man seeks for greatness, let him forget greatness and ask for truth, and he will find both.
– Horace Mann
15. Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway.
– Mother Theresa
16. No legacy is so rich as honesty. – Shakespeare
17. If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything. – Mark Twain
18. To find yourself, think for yourself. – Socrates
19. How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.What is true is invisible to the eye. It is only with the heart that one can see clearly.
– Antoine de Saint-Exupery
20. Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing. – Albert Schweitzer
21. “The authentic self is soul made visible.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
22. “Be your authentic self. Your authentic self is who you are when you have no fear of judgment, or before the world starts pushing you around and telling you who you’re supposed to be. Your fictional self is who you are when you have a social mask on to please everyone else. Give yourself permission to be your authentic self.” – Dr. Phil
23. Dare to declare who you are. It is not far from the shores of silence to the boundaries of speech. The path is not long, but the way is deep. You must not only walk there, you must be prepared to leap.” – Hildegard Von Bingen
24. “Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway.” – Mother Theresa
25. “To find yourself, think for yourself.” – Socrates